[Insight-users] Simple ITK vs Scripted ITK vs full ITK

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Fri Jan 13 10:39:24 EST 2012

Hi Michel,

Le 13 janv. 12 à 16:16, Audette, Michel A. a écrit :

> Hello again,
>
> in the end, and after further thought, I've decided that this will
> hinge on the response of the biologists at my university. If there
> is a demand from them for script-based, I'll add the script-based,
> so that my course will be an adaptation of John's, which will be
> dual-stream (part tailored for C++ programmers, part tailored for
> script users). If not, I may opt for Simple and Classic ITK.
>
> In the former case, there may come a point where I need advice on
> wrapping some useful classes that are not part of the usual WrapITK.

Everything useful should be there!

More seriously, the few non wrapped classes are usually not wrapped
because of the lack of knowledge about how to properly use them.
If some of your favorite filters or classes are not there, the most
efficient way to go is probably to work together to add them.

Regards,

Gaëtan