[Insight-users] Big 3D segmented medical images

Panagiotis Foteinos pafotein at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 20:55:52 EST 2012

Hello ITKers.

Not sure if this is the appropriate place for my question, but I
thought to give it a shot.

I am looking for very big segmented 3D images in any format
(preferably a format the ITK can recognize). The goal is to evaluate
the performance of specific filters/ mesh generation techniques on
such big images. I could alternatively over-sample existing
small/medium size images that I have already. But the resulting
(oversampled) images are not as smooth as the original ones. 3D
microscopy images tend to be generally big (so they suit my needs),
but I have not found any of those that actually can be read by popular
viewers, so I suspect that they are corrupted...

I would really appreciate any suggestions!

Regards,
Panagiotis Foteinos