[Insight-users] time between StartRegistration() and first iteration

Julien Lamy lamy at unistra.fr
Fri Jan 20 16:57:54 EST 2012

Le 20/01/12 18:21, Renaud Isabelle a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I am registering 2D or/and 3D images of different modalities data.
> I dont understand why itk registration takes so much time between
> StartRegistration() and my first iteration in optimizer, first level of
> multiresolution.
>
> Any idea how I can reduce time between those 2 steps?

Hi,
Looking at the code of itk::MultiResolutionImageRegistrationMethod,
before starting the registration itself, the image pyramids for both the
fixed and moving images are built. You might want to turn on the
debugging on the RegistrationMethod to see how much time is spent in the
different steps (pyramid building and registration itself).