[Insight-users] slice through an image

cagatay bilgin bilgincc at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 14:06:07 EST 2012

Hello ITK community,

I have an equation of a plane (ax+by+cz+d=0)
that is going to cut through a tissue sample
(attached nuclei image). Using paraview I am
able to obtain what I am after, an oblique section
as given in slice.png. What I want to do is
to perform this in ITK.

I know I should be using ResampleImageFilter, but what
I don't know is how to create the Transform given
the equation of my plane.

I found the journal submission LookAt Transform which
might be what I am trying to achieve, but it is not compiling
(apparently due to a transform that is abandoned? )
http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/168
I am not sure how to fix it.

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Cagatay

http://vision.lbl.gov/People/bilgin/nuclei.png

http://vision.lbl.gov/People/bilgin/slice.png