[Insight-users] Problems building python bindings for itk

Matthias Seise mseise at gmx.de
Tue Jul 17 10:16:10 EDT 2012

Hi Willi,

Are you building for python 2.7? Then you have to use Visual Studio
2008! Python 2.7. is compiled with that and all extension have to be
compiled with VS 2008! (You can use the VS 2008 Express, for 64 bit
see http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Doc/Building_Blender/Windows/Visual_C%2B%2B_2008_Express)

I think you don't have to download gccxml - it is automatically done
during the build.
If the path is too long, then build ITK in C:\ITK\build ...

Cheers,
Matthias

-----------------
I forgot to add that since I received the error?

CUSTOMBUILD : error : Could not run
C:/GCCXML/bin/bin/Release/gccxml_cc1plus.exe:

Der Dateiname oder die Erweiterung ist zu lang

again, I compiled the actual version (that I donwloaded with CVS) of
gccxml myself and installed it.

I am still trying to get WrapITK working for Python 2.7 using MS
Visual Studio 2010 - 64bit.?I was told that __noop comes from using
the MSVC-STL with GCC so it could not get working. What am I supposed
to do?

Willi