[Insight-users] ChanVese Segmentation (ScalarSinglePhaseSparse2D)

Grego gregoris.liasis at st.ouc.ac.cy
Sun Jul 29 04:20:08 EDT 2012

Dear all,

I have some questions on ITK implementation Chan and Vese segmentation
method

1. If I have undestood correct the initial level set is a circle created
using the seed points and the distance. If I give multible seed points and
distances that means it will create multible initial circles and run all of
them during the iterations? Is there any other way to initialize?

2. Can somewhere change the initialization step (dt in the original paper).

3. The output image it is a mask with to values 0 and 255. Can I convert
that image to exactly the opposite (zeros to become 255 and 255 to become
zeros) becouse the objects that I am trying to segment are presented with
black and I need them to be white so can proceed with my pricessing
procedures.

4. I would realy also need help on how to change the code so I can see the
active contour evolution.

Thank you in advance.

Grego