[Insight-users] Consistent image Registration

brian avants stnava at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 16:02:26 EDT 2012

hi Alaamegawer

you can try extending the itkImageRegistrationMethodv4 to do
consistent registration.

the existing itkSyNImageRegistrationMethod.h  does consistent
registration as long as you initialize with a fixed and moving affine
transform to a mid-point space as described here:

it should be a relatively small modification to the SyN code to
achieve what you want.   basically, replace the diffeomorphic style
update with elastic style update.  i.e. replace composition with
addition.

i may be wrong about what you are trying to achieve but i think that
should do it.

brian