[Insight-users] [Announcement] ITK 4.2.0 Release Candidate 1 ready for testing!

Félix C. Morency felix.morency at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 13:15:22 EDT 2012

Hi,

Results for the v4.2rc1 are available on the dashboard (20120604)
under the site name "morency-Precision-T1600".

-Felix

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 10:23 AM, Bradley Lowekamp
<blowekamp at mail.nih.gov> wrote:
> We are happy to announce that the first release candidate for ITK version
> 4.2.0 has been tagged. We anticipate there being a regular release candidate
> every week until the final release is made at the end of the month.
>
> This release candidate is available as tag in the git repository. To obtain
> the source code,
>
> git clone http://itk.org/ITK.git
> cd ITK
> git checkout -q --detach v4.2rc01
>
> For more details, please see
>
> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Git
>
> *Important note:*  Please do not expect backward compatibility with these
> release candidates.  The API may still undergo changes as improvements are
> made.
>

> The purpose of the release candidates is to allow the community to testing
> and verify the code prior to the release.  Feedback is encouraged.
>  Impressions or patches will help improve the result as refinement and
> bug-fixes are made for the final release.
>

> Please include the tag name used when providing feedback.
>
> The following is a git log of the enhancements and ( numerous bug fixes,
> style, and documentation improvements have been omitted  for brevity )
>
> Alexandre Gouaillard (1):
>       COMP: the inlude file has been moved to include/
>
> Arnaud Gelas (8):
>       ENH: Improve code coverage for LevelSetsv4
>       ENH: Possibility to provide an image to weigh the curvature term
>       ENH: Review IsoDataThresholdCalculator
>       ENH: Review IntermodesThresholdCalculator
>       ENH: Move ComputeMixedArea from Curvature computation into
> TriangleHelper
>       ENH: Make it works if ImageDimension > 2
>       ENH: Add interface to use vnl_sparse_lu as solver for mesh
> parameterization
>
> Bill Lorensen (14):
>       DOC: Spelling errors in comments
>       COMP: VTK6 API change
>
> Brad King (6):
>       COMP: Update VNL "long long" instantiations for vxl 2012-03-16
>       COMP: Include CheckIncludeFileCXX before using it
>       KWSys: Remove DateStamp
>       KWSys: Fix SystemTools environment memory handling (#13156)
>       KWSys: Remove dependencies on FundamentalType
>       KWSys: Remove unused environ declaration from SystemTools
>
> Bradley Lowekamp (27):
>       ENH: Don't use pretty functions strings, as they cause bloat
>       PERF: Improved cache coherence of StatisticsImageFilter
>       PERF: eliminate false sharing, improved algorithm
>       PERF: Implementing optimized image copy method
>       BUG: Fix exporting for Nrrd library
>       ENH: adding ClearSeeds method to VectorConfidenceConnected filter
>       ENH: For VectorImage support, iterators must not return by reference
>       PERF: refactor SliceBySliceImageFilter for performance
>       ENH: adding VectorImage support to Gradient image filter
>       ENH: updating vector ImageFunctions to work with VectorImages
>       COMP: correcting the ObjectToObjectMetric for WrapITK
>       COMP: remove erouneous SWIG version check
>
> Brian Avants (2):
> [...]

Félix C. Morency, M.Sc.
Plateforme d’analyse et de visualisation d’images
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke
Centre de recherche clinique Étienne-Le Bel
Local Z5-3031 | 819.346.1110 ext 16634