[Insight-users] [Insight-developers] [Announcement] ITK 4.2.0 Release Candidate 1 ready for testing!

Steve M. Robbins steve at sumost.ca
Tue Jun 5 08:40:57 EDT 2012

Hello,

On Mon, Jun 04, 2012 at 10:23:42AM -0400, Bradley Lowekamp wrote:

> The purpose of the release candidates is to allow the community to
> testing and verify the code prior to the release.  Feedback is
> encouraged.  Impressions or patches will help improve the result as
> refinement and bug-fixes are made for the final release.

I just pulled the release candidate and am trying to build on Debian
linux.  I see the process is downloading some of the external
libraries during the build.

The Debian build process forbids network access during a build.  Will
the released tarball also have this download-during-build mechanism or
will it contain all the required sources?  In the former case, is
there an automated way to download everything required and create a
new tarball?

Thanks,
-Steve