[Insight-users] ITK 4.1: Possible bug in ResampleDICOM

Frederic Perez frederic.perez at alma3d.com
Wed Jun 6 11:17:06 EDT 2012

Hello insight-users,

we have built the ResampleDICOM example from
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/DICOM/ResampleDICOM
linking it against

   - ITK 3.20.1(after slightly modifying the CMakeLists.txt to use ITKIO),
   and
   - ITK 4.1

using a DICOM directory including a single file.
We launched debugging sessions, and when using ITK 3.20.1 we get a inputSpacing
= (1.367, 1.367, 1), which is correct,
but when we use ITK 4.1 we get inputSpacing = (1, 1, 1). Something similar
happens to the origin of the image read.
Reading that same DICOM file with other software apps we get the (1.367,
1.367, 1) values.

Is this a bug or perhaps there is a problem with our DICOM file?

Thanks for any hint and best regards,

Frederic Perez