[Insight-users] Non-planar slicing

sgfallows sgfallows at ieee.org
Thu Jun 7 14:08:43 EDT 2012

I need to extract a 2D image from a 3D data set by what I would call
non-planar slicing. Imagine a sheet of paper curled into a parabola or
half-ellipse, in the middle of a 3D volume. I want to extract the points on
the sheet of paper into a flat 2D image. (If there is a better/standard term
for this, please correct me). The curve would be defined by a poly-line or
Bezier.

AFAICT, the closest thing in ITK is ResampleImageFilter(), however I'm
having trouble figuring out what the transform would be. All the examples
seem to map 3D to 3D. Or is this the wrong approach to begin with?

Can anyone point me at something similar?