[Insight-users] Insight-users Digest, Vol 98, Issue 2

Alvaro Javier Fuentes Suarez afuentes at uclv.edu.cu
Thu Jun 7 15:04:03 EDT 2012

Hi Alaa,

I had that problem too, but I resolved it by using itk::RescaleIntensityImageFilter<unsigned short,unsigned char> for rescale the image to unsigned char and display it with vtk,
but always keeping the original image so that every event on the displayed image is manually mapped in to the original one (for example a pick event in VTK).
This works for me, I hope for you too,

Alvaro Javier

Hi all

i'm trying to read and display 3D image with itk and vtk but the main problem image has 2 byte per pixel so at reading i create imagetype with unsigned short then while trying to display i got this error

vtkOpenGLImageActor (03544288): This filter requires unsigned char scalars as input

what can i do to solve this and keep all data without loss?

please ANY HELP

Alaa