[Insight-users] trouble setting ITK_DIR : cannot find itkImage.h

Pratik Talole pratiktalole at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 11:08:48 EDT 2012

David,

I printed out my environment during build. The build log shows that ITK_DIR
is indeed set correctly to "ITK_DIR = F:\ITK_jun1\bin"

Could the problem then not be with ITK_DIR?

This is what I did :

I first created a HelloWorld project using the CMakeLists file (keeping
$(ITK_LIBRARIES)). This created two projects, an executable and a lib
sharing the same source files. I added my ITK code to the source files here.
I ran the executable, and built the lib. It was successful.

Then I created a new console application, and added the previously built lib
in the solution and references.
I added the path of source files in my HelloWorld ITK project to additional
include directories of this project.

But as soon as I tried to include any header files of the ITK lib project
into the source files of this project, I started getting errors telling me
the various ITK Headers it could not find.

What I am really trying is this :
I have a function, that performs deconvolution in ITK. It takes two vectors
as inputs and returns a vector as output. I added this function to a header
file. It works as an executable and builds to a lib, but since I need to use
the code in another project, I am facing the problems I mentioned above.

Can you please point me in the direction, as how can I import a ITK function
into my existing Visual Studio project?