[Insight-users] 3D extraction filter

Luke Hetrick lhetrick at nnu.edu
Mon Jun 18 17:35:04 EDT 2012

Can someone tell me what mesh3D Extraction filter Luis is referring to in
this email? It is excatly what I am looking for. I have the section of
interest highlighted in red in the email below.

Thanks,
Luke H

Hi Catherine,

BTW, If your final goal is to actually extract surfaces
out of a *Series* of DICOM files, then what you may consider
to do first is to use the

                   SeriesImageReader

To load all the DICOM slices into a single 3D Volume.
You will find instructions on how to do this in the
ITK Software Guide:

     http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

in the Chapter "Reading and Writing Images".

Once you have a 3D volume into an itk::Image, you will be
able to use the mesh3D extraction filter,

            or as a second option

You could also convert the 3D volume to a vtkImageData and
then use the vtkContour filter.

Please let us know what your final goal actually is.