[Insight-users] Influence of spacing on BilateralImageFilter

Melanie Uks meluks2010 at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 19 10:50:14 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am wondering about the influence of the image spacing on the
BilateralImageFilter.
I have a 3D data set (300x300x512) with a spacing of (0.02x0.02x0.004) and
I didn't manage to test the BilateralImageFilter. The computer crashed a
few times so I tested on a 2D image. It worked fine. When I added a spacing
of 0.05 in both directions the calculation took more than 20 minutes (then
I stopped).
Is there a chance to use the BilateralImageFilter on my 3D data set in a
realistic computing time?

Thanks for your help!
Cheers,
mel