[Insight-users] Transform direction in ITK

Lisa Dean lisadean.leo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 05:36:23 EDT 2012

Hi Users,

I'm not quite sure I understand the concept of the transform direction even
though I've read the same from the ITK software guide so please bear with
me.
What I'd like to know is, when I'm using the IterativeClosestPoint2.cxx in
ITK to register 2 meshes/pointsets, is the transform calculated from the
fixed mesh/pointset to the moving mesh/pointset or viceversa? And after
obtaining the transform if I wanted to apply it to a mesh/pointset using
the TransformMeshFilter, which mesh/pointset do I apply it to - fixed or
moving?

Thanks a lot for all your help

Regards
Lisa