[Insight-users] [vtkusers] hexagonal mesh?

Dženan Zukić dzenanz at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 12:13:19 EDT 2012

I would recommend to use this for reading files:
http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/761
and then simply apply triangular->simplex filter.
Since simplex mesh inherits itk::mesh, the above I/O framework should work
for writing the resulting simplex mesh.

This approach will most likely not be very fast, but if you need to run it
only occasionally, it does not matter.

Some examples of dealing with meshes in ITK:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples#Meshes