[Insight-users] SignedMaurerDistanceMapImageFilter

Kiên Kiêu kien.kieu at jouy.inra.fr
Fri Jun 29 13:46:36 EDT 2012

Hi Miriam,

the input should be a binary image. The output is a distance map where
each background pixel is assigned its Euclidean distance to the
nearest foreground pixel. Foreground pixels are assigned non-positive
distances. These distances are not exactly distances to nearest
background pixels. They are distances to nearest boundary foreground
pixels. Therefore boundary foreground pixels are assigned a null
distance.

Le 29 juin 12 à 18:07, Miriam Pini a écrit :

> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm trying to use the SignedMaurerDistanceMapImageFilter but I have
> some doubts: what's the exact output of this filter? What's the
> exact meaning of distance?
>

> Thank you for your help,
>
> Miriam

---
Kiên Kiêu                    tel  : + 33 (0)1 34 65 28 16
Unité MIA, INRA              fax  : + 33 (0)1 34 65 22 17
Domaine de Vilvert           email: Kien.Kieu at jouy.inra.fr
F-78350 Jouy-en-Josas        url  : http://www.inra.fr/miaj/