[Insight-users] [vtkusers] VtkGlue requires VTK 5.9

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 12:38:41 EST 2012

2012/3/2 Dženan Zukić <dzenanz at gmail.com>:
> Hi guys,
>
> I pulled the latest git version of ITK4, and during CMake configure step I
> get the following error:
> ERROR VtkGlue requires VTK version 5.9.20110419 or newer but the current
> version is 5.6.1
> The ITK project can still be generated, and is built without errors, and
> even the project linking it is built without errors. Which brings me to the
> question: should this "error" even be displayed?
>
> Regards,
> Dženan

My guess would be that there are other parts of the module that
require a newer version and that you just might not be using any of
them? In this case it might be more appropriate to output something
more like "WARNING: Some parts of VtkGlue require VTK version
5.9.20110419 or newer but the current version is 5.6.1". That would be
the easy fix - the harder fix would be to figure out which parts
require this version and only output the error if they are actually
attempted to be used.

David