[Insight-users] Joining two VectorImages

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 17:47:55 EST 2012

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 5:19 PM, David Doria <daviddoria at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems that both JoinImageFilter and ComposeImageFilter do not work
> for itk::VectorImage. If I have an itk::VectorImage<float, 2> and an
> itk::VectorImage<float, 3>, is there a filter that will make them into
> an itk::VectorImage<float, 5> ?

Sorry, wrong syntax. What I meant was I have:

typedef itk::VectorImage<float, 2> VectorImageType;

VectorImageType::Pointer a = VectorImageType::New();
a->SetNumberOfComponentsPerPixel(2);

VectorImageType::Pointer b = VectorImageType::New();
b->SetNumberOfComponentsPerPixel(3);

and then I want to do:

SomeFilter::Pointer filter = SomeFilter::New();
filter->SetInput1(a);
filter->SetInput1(b);
filter->Update();

and I want

filter->GetOutput()->GetNumberOfComponentsPerPixel() to be 5.

David