[Insight-users] How to smooth the segmented surface

Xiaopeng Yang yxp233 at postech.ac.kr
Tue Mar 20 09:03:32 EDT 2012

Thank you Jothy. I tried but still the stairs existed. Here is my code:

       vtkContourFilter *iso = vtkContourFilter::New();

       iso->SetInput(vtkImporter4->GetOutput());

       iso->ComputeScalarsOn();

       iso->SetValue(0,128.1);

       vtkSmartPointer<vtkWindowedSincPolyDataFilter> smoother =

              vtkSmartPointer<vtkWindowedSincPolyDataFilter>::New();

       smoother->SetInputConnection(iso->GetOutputPort());

       smoother->SetNumberOfIterations(15);

       smoother->BoundarySmoothingOn();

       smoother->FeatureEdgeSmoothingOn();

       smoother->SetFeatureAngle(120.0);

       smoother->SetEdgeAngle(90.0);

       smoother->SetPassBand(0.001);

       smoother->NonManifoldSmoothingOn();

       smoother->NormalizeCoordinatesOn();

       smoother->Update();

       vtkPolyDataMapper *isoMapper = vtkPolyDataMapper::New();

       isoMapper->SetInput(smoother->GetOutput());

       isoMapper->ScalarVisibilityOff();

       vtkActor *isoActor1 = vtkActor::New();

       isoActor1->SetMapper(isoMapper);

       isoActor1->GetProperty()->SetColor(1.0, 0.49, 0.25);

       isoMapper->Delete();

       ren_L->AddActor(isoActor1);

       isoActor1->Delete();

Maybe the parameter are not properly set?

Thanks,

Xiaopeng