[Insight-users] ITK V4 Indented Way For Reading Time Series?

Constantine Zakkaroff mnkz at leeds.ac.uk
Thu Mar 22 04:26:41 EDT 2012

Hello ALL,

I'm trying to port my code to ITK V4 and I'm a bit puzzled as to what
the intended ITK V4 way of reading DICOM time series is.

I work with cardiac MR data and I need to read various time series from
Philips DICOM.

I have not been able to find an example, so maybe someone can point me
to one if it exists somewhere please?

What I see from the API, there's itk::TemporalDataObject with the only
subclass itk::VideoStream<TFrameType>.

Now, to get one of those, I assume I'd need to use some video-capable IO
class. One of the classes I can see is itk::FileListVideoIO, but I
doesn't have a method to set multiple file names to be read.

Also, there's itk::VideoFileReader<TOutputVideStream> to read input from
one file, but I can't spot a corresponding class to read input from
multiple files.

Am I missing something here? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,
Constantine