[Insight-users] Fwd: Re: Seed and threshold range

Robert Haase robert_haase at gmx.de
Wed Mar 28 08:52:37 EDT 2012

Hi insight-list,

I would like to add a point to the "good threshold" discussion. I recently heard a medical imaging professor grumbling about computer scientists who state that a segmentation result is 'good'.
In medical imaging this evaluation task should be done by medical professionals (e.g. radiologists). Of course during software development, programmers gain some experience in this field. But this experience does not allow them to finally distinguish what the best threshold is. At some point in the software development process a physician must collaborate to create a reliable segmentation algorithm.

All the best,
Robert

-------- Original-Nachricht --------