[Insight-users] Segmentation question

Navneeth Subramanian navneeth.s at gmail.com
Tue May 1 02:37:53 EDT 2012

For 1) Neither a thresholding or connected component method will suit
you. This is because the nasal cavity connects both the air on the out
side of the body & the inside (lungs). Try it out & you will see what
I mean.
2) For 2 you may observe the same challenge as in 1, on a case-by-case basis.

Your best option is to try a slice-wise active contour to extract the
body outline. However note that you will encounter 2 contours near
slices corresponding to the limbs.

hope this helps,
navneeth