[Insight-users] Problem opening DICOM images created with Matlab

Luca Tersi lucatersi at gmail.com
Fri May 4 06:25:03 EDT 2012

Hi,
I cannot read, with ITK, DICOM images created with Matlab R2011a. I've done
it in the past so I think it is due to the 4.0 version of itkGDCMImageIO,
am I right?

I got this error for image series:

WARNING: In
/home/lt/Work/FLUORO/kitware/InsightToolkit-4.0.0_src/Modules/IO/GDCM/src/itkGDCMSeriesFileNames.cxx,
line 114
GDCMSeriesFileNames (0x29f0310): No Series can be found, make sure your
restrictions are not too strong

and this for single files:

itk::ImageFileReaderException (0x2f32f40)
Location: "void itk::ImageFileReader<TOutputImage,
ConvertPixelTraits>::GenerateOutputInformation() [with TOutputImage =
itk::Image<float, 2u>, ConvertPixelTraits =
itk::DefaultConvertPixelTraits<float>]"
File:
/home/lt/Work/FLUORO/kitware/InsightToolkit-4.0.0_src/Modules/IO/ImageBase/include/itkImageFileReader.hxx
Line: 143
/home/lt/Desktop/xGeorge/fem/new/fem01_b0_g0.1..dcm
  Tried to create one of the following:
    JPEGImageIO
    GDCMImageIO
    BMPImageIO
    LSMImageIO
    PNGImageIO
    TIFFImageIO
    VTKImageIO
    StimulateImageIO
    BioRadImageIO
    MetaImageIO
    NiftiImageIO
    NrrdImageIO
    GiplImageIO
    HDF5ImageIO
    MRCImageIO
  You probably failed to set a file suffix, or
    set the suffix to an unsupported type.

Any hint?

Thanks a lot

Luca

---

*Luca Tersi, Ph.D.*
*Department of Electronics, Computer Science, and Systems* *(DEIS)*
*Health Sciences and Technologies - Interdepartmental Center for Industrial
Research (HST - ICIR) *
*Alma Mater Studiorum - University of Bologna*
Via Venezia 52, I-47521 Cesena (FC) - Italy

*Phone*: (+39) 0547 33 89 53
*Mobile*: (+39) 349 84 92 262
*Fax*: (+39) 0547 17 91 071
*Skype*: lucatersi