[Insight-users] converting file types

Sara Rolfe smrolfe at u.washington.edu
Mon May 7 19:22:40 EDT 2012

Hi David,

I just checked and it is image data, so I should be able to use this
method.

I have one quick follow on question.  I  need the .mhd file to pass to
another program I wrote, which uses the proper type of reader for a 3D
vector field.  When I use the misnamed vtk file, the program gets
stuck.  Now that I'm looking at the details and see that the .vtk
format should still contain a 3D vector field, I don't understand why
the difference in the filename extension is causing an issue.  Is
there anything obvious that I've missed?

Thanks,
Sara