[Insight-users] Defining Kernel for Laplacian operators

Vikash Gupta vikash.gupta at inria.fr
Wed May 9 16:42:53 EDT 2012

Hi everyone,

I want to compute the Laplacian of an image. Generally it can be done using LaplacianImageFilter, which will compute the Laplacian by summing over the second order difference in the x,y and z directions, using the default kernel in the laplacian operator.

But, I need to take into account also the variation along xy, yz etc and other diagonal directions. So, I figured I could change the default kernel in order to do this, but I cannot find a way to modify the kernel.

Any help will be highly appreciated
Thanks
Vikash