[Insight-users] Example of ITK

Cagatay Bilgin bilgincc at gmail.com
Thu May 10 15:13:03 EDT 2012

Hi Arturo,

the following line should cast the image to float
image = sitk.Cast( image, sitk.sitkFloat32 )

Let us know how it goes

Cagatay

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 11:36 AM, Ing. Arturo Vargas Olivares <
ing.arturo.vargas at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm new in this...
> how do I cast my image to float?
>

> On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 2:31 PM, Cagatay Bilgin <bilgincc at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Try casting your image to float type before
>> you feed to the smoother. That should do it
>> I guess.
>>
>> Cagatay
>>
>> On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 11:27 AM, Ing. Arturo Vargas Olivares <
>> ing.arturo.vargas at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello to all !!
>>>
>>> I have implemented this code in order to test an example from the ITK
>>> software guide.
>>>
>>> import numpy as np
>>> import scipy.io as ios
>>> import matplotlib.pyplot as mplot
>>> import matplotlib.cm as cm
>>> import SimpleITK as sitk
>>> import sys
>>> #
>>> # Read the image
>>> #
>>> reader = sitk.ImageFileReader()
>>> reader.SetFileName( 'BrainProtonDensitySlice.png' )
>>> image = reader.Execute();
>>> #
>>> # Set up the writer
>>> #
>>> writer = sitk.ImageFileWriter()
>>> writer.SetFileName( 'BrainProtonDensitySlice_out.png' )
>>> #
>>> # Blur using CurvatureFlowImageFilter
>>> #
>>> blurFilter = sitk.CurvatureFlowImageFilter()
>>> blurFilter.SetNumberOfIterations( 5 )
>>> blurFilter.SetTimeStep( 0.125 )
>>> image = blurFilter.Execute( image )
>>> #
>>> # Set up ConnectedImageFilter for segmentation
>>> #
>>> segmentationFilter = sitk.ConnectedThresholdImageFilter()
>>> segmentationFilter.SetLower(150)
>>> segmentationFilter.SetUpper(180)
>>> segmentationFilter.SetReplaceValue(255)
>>> segmentationFilter.SetSeed((60,116))
>>> image = segmentationFilter.Execute( image )