[Insight-users] RayCastInterpolator

Vivien Delmon vivien.delmon at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Fri May 11 04:14:20 EDT 2012

On 05/09/2012 11:05 AM, Vivien Delmon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to use the RayCastInterpolator of itk without success. After
> googling a bit I found out that it does not take into account the
> physical unit of the image and consider the center of the voxel as the
> 0,0,0 of the image. I did a minimal test case that shows this problem
> (attached to this mail).
>
> I also found a patch that corrects this bug, but it is quite old (2006)
> and I was wondering why it is not in ITK ? Is there a problem in it ?
>
> The patch is here :
> http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2006-March/017265.html

Hi,

After googling a bit more I found that the patch have been completed by
Aviv in 2008 to use the physical unit of the image instead of the voxel
center. In my case the result is the expected one.

Moreover if we look at the itk test of this interpolator :
itkRayCastInterpolateImageFunctionTest.cxx with the current itk version
it tests a ray that is not even in the image. If we applied the patch
proposed by Aviv the ray will be in the image at the expected location.

--
Vivien Delmon
PhD student at CREATIS, Lyon