[Insight-users] Anisotropic Diffusion Filtering

lina septiana livangellista at yahoo.com
Tue May 15 11:04:21 EDT 2012

Hi Pietro,

Actually the good combination depend on what the application you'll apply in. But maybe firstly, I suggest you to understand  the variable in the basic anisotropic diffusion by changing the integral constant, Kappa (threshold for gradient and noise level),and  iteration in the combination narrow and wide 1D signal, you will know how these parameters give the impact to the narrow and wide form signal.
After you understand the characteristic of it, you may be able to design the appropriate anisotropic for your image. Then implement other combination anisotropic filtering.
Below the link for the basic form anisotropic filter (perona malik) and biased anisotropic filtering (nordstrom) link for your reference.

http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/Pubs/TechRpts/1989/CSD-89-514.pdf

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~malik/papers/MP-aniso.pdf