[Insight-users] slice by slice image filter with mask

tomtom ms.rit at web.de
Wed May 16 04:17:34 EDT 2012

Hello everyone!

I have implemented a filter that's supposed to run on an 2D intensity image
and a mask.

Now I want to process 3D data slice by slice.

Somehow, the slice by slice filter 1) has to pick a slice of both, mask and
intensity volume and 2) pass it to my filter for each slice.

My intuitive approach was:

//input
MaskImage3DType::Pointer mask3D = ...;
IntensityImage3DType::Pointer intensity3D = ...;

//filter for slice
typedef Filter2D<IntensityImage2DType, MaskImage2DType> Filter2DType;
Filter2DType::Pointer filter2D = Filter2DType::New();
filter2D->SetMaskValue(maskValue);

//slice by slice processing
typedef itk::SliceBySliceImageFilter<IntensityImage3DType, MaskImage3DType,
Filter2DType>  SBySType;
SBySType::Pointer sbsFilter = SBySType::New();
sbsFilter->SetFilter(filter2D);
sbsFilter->SetInput(0, intensity3D);
sbsFilter->SetInput(1, mask3D);             ---->does not work!

So whats the way to do it, using the SliceBySliceImageFilter?

Thanks.