[Insight-users] Installation of Simple ITK in Mac OS 10.7.3

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Thu May 17 09:19:53 EDT 2012

The binary distribution is for the system python, and is not compatible with the Enthought distribution.

You will need to compile SimpleITK for that distribution. When configuring you will need to ensure that the correct python executable, python include path, and python libraries are selected. For the Enthought distribution the required framework should be under the following path:  /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/7.1/Python. If this path is mixed with the systems python distribution located in "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/", the library will segfault.

Brad

blowekamp at mail.nih.gov