[Insight-users] Examples for ...v4 registration methods

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed May 23 19:53:53 EDT 2012

Hi Lydia,

In ITKv4, the registration framework that existed for ITKv3
is still fully functional and it is tested on a nightly basis in
many platforms. There shouldn't be any computation time
change in this code between ITKv3 and ITKv4.

Could you please give us more details on the registration
components that you are using ?

1) Metric
2) Optimizer
3) Interpolator
4) Transform

Information about your platform will also be very useful:

a) Compiler (VC, gcc, ic ?)
b) Architecture (Win/Mac/Linux)
c) Amount of RAM memory
d) Compilation mode : Debug / Release / Other ?
e) Processor: Number of Cores (how many get used ?)

and description of the images that you are using:

i)  Image size in pixels
ii) Image dimension (2D, 3D)

Ideally,
if you can share your source with use,
we will be able to help you a lot faster.

Finally, regarding the ITKv4 registration framework,
you may find useful the following materials that have
been used in Conference tutorials in MICCAI 2011 and
ISBI 2012.

https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/ITKv4-TheNextGeneration-Tutorial

Particularly the presentation:
https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/ITKv4-TheNextGeneration-Tutorial/blob/master/ITKv4TheNextGenerationTutorial.pdf

and the exercises:
https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/ITKv4-TheNextGeneration-Tutorial/tree/master/Exercises/Registration

You may want to look closely at:
https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/ITKv4-TheNextGeneration-Tutorial/blob/master/Exercises/Registration/RegistrationExercises.cxx

You may find useful as well the recent ITK Webinars.
http://www.kitware.com/products/webinars.html

particularly
http://www.kitware.com/products/webinars.html#introitk

and