[Insight-users] LabelDiameter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon May 28 18:45:11 EDT 2012

Hi Pietro,

The following suggestion will not prevent your airways
label segmentation from having bigger diameters in
the lower branches, but it should help you detect
if it happens.

Take the label image, compute a signed distance map
from it, and then use the Minimum / Maximum image
filter to detect local extrema.

If the diameters were monotonically decreasing,
you shouldn't find any extrema in the distance map
(at least in theory.... the discretionary may artificially
create some though...).