[Insight-users] simple registration & deformation field question

Tim Bhatnagar tim.bhatnagar at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 13:28:09 EST 2012

Hello all,

I know this is very basic, but confirmation of my suspicion would be
appreciated:

Using the ITK standard 'fixed image', 'moving image' templating that is
present in all of the ITK examples, if I have a deformation field printing
out from the registration process (the field is written again in the same
fashion as in the ITK examples), it *SHOULD* be the field that when applied
to the 'moving image', should result in the 'fixed image', correct?

I'm viewing my deformation field in Paraview and it is opposite to what I
was expecting. Additionally, the standard 'output image' written from the
registration also shows a great transformed image (what I'm after).

Am I writing/reading an inverse of the deformation field for some reason?

If it helps, I am using DeformableRegistration2.cxx with some modified
histogram parameters.

Thanks,

--
Tim Bhatnagar