[Insight-users] Code integration and code design - Question

Steffan ulysse.rigaud at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 03:56:13 EST 2012

 Hi everybody,

We have an insight journal (http://hdl.handle.net/10380/3329) that we would like to integrate into ITK, and we are currently starting to merge them into our fork version of ITK to test.
We have two questions, concerning the integration into the different module of ITK and on code design in ITK

* To test the orientation of vectors, we are using a library in C that we have wrap into some ITK function. This library is a single file, done by Jonathan Shewchuk (http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~quake/robust.html) under public domain.
Where should we integrate this library in ITK?
 1 - In ThirdParty folder? As it is a third party library, external to ITK, and not in C++. CONS: it may be too much for only 1 file.
 2 - Directly in Core/Mesh | Core/QuadEdgeMesh? This library is only on file and is use for geometrical exact orientation product mainly to be used into Mesh or QuadEdgeMesh filters. CONS: it is not an ITK/C++ files.
 3 - Or we could integrate all the library into our wrappers class and then integrate our class into ITK (Mesh or QuadEdgeMesh folder for the reason explained in 2).

* Our code file contain several small inline function that are all in one .cxx file.
 1 - Can we keep all the function into one file? Is there already one such file in ITK that already gather small inline function?
 2 - Keep the aspect of 1 file = 1 class, and do one class for each small function in our code?

I hope my questions are clear enough.

Thanks.
Stephane