[Insight-users] discrete hessian recursive gaussian filter

Jack Lee jack.lee at kcl.ac.uk
Thu Nov 15 13:49:13 EST 2012

Dear Brad,

This question is a follow up to the thread:
http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2011-March/040411.html

What I'm trying to do is similar to what Kana described, i.e. use a
local hessian filter on a large image (>10Gb) to perform a multiscale
vesselness calculation. I have access to a multicore machine with large
RAM (256Gb) so ideally the filter would be both multithreaded and
streamable. Even with this RAM, processing the whole stack in one go is
probably impossible.

I'd appreciate it very much if you could update us on the latest
developments on your itkDiscreteHessianRecursiveGaussianImage filter.
Also will it strictly require the latest itk library?

Many thanks,
Jack