[Insight-users] itk threads

Cagatay Bilgin bilgincc at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 14:43:21 EST 2012

Lets say I am writing a filter that needs ix, iy, iz, ixx, iyy, izz to
compute some measure. Once I have the output of derivatives, I know how to
make my filter threaded. What I don't know is how to make use of threads to
compute the derivatives in parallel, 1 thread computing ix, another one
computing iy, another one ixx so and so forth. What would be the best ITK
approach to do this? The derivative filters might already be threaded, I am
using them just to illustrate the problem.

I guess I can also set the requested region of the derivative filters
in ThreadedGenerateData and then use the output of that to move on. Would
that be the way to go?

Cheers,
Cagatay

--