[Insight-users] itkNifitiBigVectorImageTest failures

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Fri Nov 16 09:17:04 EST 2012

Hello,

I think I fixed a bug related to large Nifti images with multiple components. However, the test I wrote is failing on a couple of systems:

http://open.cdash.org/testSummary.php?project=2&name=itkNiftiBigVectorImageTest&date=2012-11-16

namely dash5win7x64.kitware, and RogueResearch7. As this test work fine on my systems I have tried, I am not sure if there is a problem with the code or we are running into some resource limitations, ie exhausting memory. Now this test generates, writes and read's an image of ~6GB, and looking  at the test it appears that I get 2 images in memory at once, so that could be reduced, but I don't know if that will fix the failing tests.

So it would be very much appreciated if the owners of these machines could manually just just this test, "ctest -R itkNifitiBigVectorImageTest" and let me know if it passes when there are not other test competing for resources. Otherwise I am just going to have to shoot into the dark that freeing that extra image may fix the issue.

Thanks!
Brad