[Insight-users] ITK 4.2.1

peterspamspam at gmx.de peterspamspam at gmx.de
Thu Nov 22 07:55:26 EST 2012

Dear ITK users,

I'm having a few problems with building ITK under linux (opensuse12.2). I hope you can give em a few hints.

I would like to use itk with Python, so in the ccmake interface I switch Python wrapping on. When making, I encounter the following problems:

1.)  after about 37% the make file tries to download gcc_xml sources. This fails due to our proxy. I can edit the make file manually to add the proxy settings, which makes a download (potentially, see point 2) possible. First question: Can I specify the proxy somewhere so that it gets built into the make files?

2.) Even though I can now possibly download the sources, I get a complaint that the page has moved and making stops. What is the procedure now? I downloaded the gcc_xml sources manually and built it. However, specifying the path to the executable in the ccmake interface does not change anything, make will still try downloading.

I'm at a loss.

Thanks for your help.

Peter.