[Insight-users] FFT and ITK

Cory Quammen cquammen at cs.unc.edu
Wed Nov 28 09:22:53 EST 2012

Hi Tinashe,

I'm CC'ing the ITK users list so that others may benefit. I monitor that
list and likely would have responded to you, but I haven't seen any emails
from you on the list.

In ITK version 4, we renamed the FFT-related classes to hopefully better
names. Please see the migration guide page for more details on what the new
names of the classes are and how to update your code:

http://itk.org/migrationv4/index.php?action=artikel&cat=3&id=92&artlang=en&highlight=fft

Basically, the name mapping is

{FFTW | Vnl}RealToComplexConjugateImageFilter => {FFTW |
Vnl}ForwardFFTImageFilter
{FFTW | Vnl}ComplexConjugateToRealImageFilter => {FFTW |
Vnl}InverseFFTImageFilter

Also, note that the output of the Forward filters now produces the full
discrete Fourier transform (not just the redundant half) whether FFTW or
VNL is used. See this migration page for more details:

http://itk.org/migrationv4/index.php?action=artikel&cat=3&id=118&artlang=en

If you want to get only the non-redundant half of the transformed image,
see the classes { FFTW | Vnl }RealToHalfHermtianForwardFFTImageFilter and
{FFTW | Vnl}HalfHermitianToRealInverseFFTImageFilter.

Finally, the template arguments have changed to be more consistent with
other image filters. Please see

http://itk.org/migrationv4/index.php?action=artikel&cat=3&id=93&artlang=en

for more details.

Cory