[Insight-users] configuring ITK is fails because of cmake error: make "cmTryCompileExec3857246261\fast"

Fabiola Fischer fabiola.fischer.f at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 12:03:09 EST 2012

Hello,

Can somebody help me please, I am trying to install ITK and I am stuck at
the very beginning :(
Configuration is failing from some weird error: make
"cmTryCompileExec3857246261\fast" what I can't find on the net :(
The hole error message is bellow. I have Windows 7, trying to install 4.2.1
ITK using CMake 2.8.9, (QT 4.6.2 and Visual Studio 2010 if can be relevant)

The C compiler identification is GNU 4.6.2

The CXX compiler identification is GNU 4.6.2

Check for working C compiler: C:/MinGW/bin/gcc.exe

CMake Error: Generator: execution of make failed. Make command was: make
"cmTryCompileExec3857246261\fast"

Check for working C compiler: C:/MinGW/bin/gcc.exe -- broken

CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake
2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:52 (MESSAGE):

The C compiler "C:/MinGW/bin/gcc.exe" is not able to compile a simple test

program.

It fails with the following output:

Change Dir: C:/Users/Applications/ITK_VTK/ITK/BIN/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

 Run Build Command:make "cmTryCompileExec3857246261\fast"

The system cannot find the file specified

Generator: execution of make failed. Make command was: make

"cmTryCompileExec3857246261\fast"

  CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.

Call Stack (most recent call first):

CMakeLists.txt:7 (project)

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

Thank you any help in advance,
Fabiola