[Insight-users] Reading DICOM images from PACS

Rajon,Didier Alain didier at ufl.edu
Wed Nov 28 15:54:32 EST 2012

Hello,

I am using ITK 4.2.1 to read DICOM images.
For this, I use itk::GDCMSeriesFileNames as my name generator (as in .../Example/IO/DicomSeriesReadImageWrite2.cxx).
As long as I use dicom images from a CD-ROM or from the test images provided by the ITK distribution (found in ../Testing/Data/Input/DicomSeries) everything works fine. But, if I try to read dicom images from my PACS system, then the name generator does not return these images.
I know the dicom files from my PACS system start with a group of information "0000". I suspect that this is my problem.

How can I have itk::GDCMSeriesFileNames accept the dicom files from my PACS system (these images that start with group "0000")?

Thanks for any help.

Didier.

Didier Rajon
Neurosurgery Department
University of Florida
L2-100 MBI
PO Box 100265
Gainesville, FL, 32610
USA
Tel (1) 352 273 6987
Fax (1) 352 392 8413

This email, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient or their authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and deleting the email immediately.