[Insight-users] Compile problems

Paul Spamman peterspamspam at gmx.de
Thu Nov 29 08:11:14 EST 2012

Dear ITK community,

I'm going crazy with compiling ITK 4.2.1 with Python wrapping. Apparently there are parameter combinations that one can choose with ccmake that lead to non-compilable situations. I enabled Python wrapping and for good measure also all data types, 2;3 dimensions.

When compiling I get:

/tmp/ITK_Compile/Wrapping/Typedefs/itkCompositeTransform.i:96: Warning 401: Nothing known about base class 'itk::MultiTransformBase< double,2u,2u >'. Ignored.
/tmp/ITK_Compile/Wrapping/Typedefs/itkCompositeTransform.i:96: Warning 401: Maybe you forgot to instantiate 'itk::MultiTransformBase< double,2u,2u >' using %template.
/tmp/ITK_Compile/Wrapping/Typedefs/itkCompositeTransform.i:186: Warning 401: Nothing known about base class 'itk::MultiTransformBase< double,3u,3u >'. Ignored.
/tmp/ITK_Compile/Wrapping/Typedefs/itkCompositeTransform.i:186: Warning 401: Maybe you forgot to instantiate 'itk::MultiTransformBase< double,3u,3u >' using %template.
make[2]: *** [Wrapping/Modules/ITKTransform/itkCompositeTransformPython.cpp] Error 4
make[1]: *** [Wrapping/Modules/ITKTransform/CMakeFiles/ITKTransformPython.dir/all] Error 2

Any idea what's going wrong? Or asked differently: what would I have to do to get ITK compiled and runnning with Python?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Peter.