[Insight-users] Installation of SimpleITK

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Thu Nov 29 20:40:00 EST 2012

Hello Sam,

What version are you trying to compile and install?

You should be able to still run "EPD/python PythonPackaging/setup.py install" to install the package into your distribution.

The make "dist" target is suppose to make the eggs. After we have migrated to distribute, there has been some issue with make eggs with the python in the virtualenv created. So that may not work.

If you have distribute install in you python you should be able to manually create the egg by executing the following command: "EPD/python PythonPackaging/setup.py bdist_egg".

This should be working smoothly by the next release.

Brad