[Insight-users] ITK 4 on iOS and Android

Vijay bhandari.vijay at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 21:30:46 EDT 2012

Hi Shashwath,

I am trying to reproduce your results compiling ITK for IOS.
Have read your post and made slight modifications to cater the
runner and toolchain files to ios6

My setup:
- OSX Lion
- xcode 4.5 & iOS6
- cmake 2.8.9
- ITK 4.20

I *have* been able to use cmake for native OSX and have successfully built it.
But am *not* able to run cmake with the toolchain files for iOS6.
Cant even generate the makefile.

After fixing
(1) a cmake error with is_nan()
CMake Error at
Modules/ThirdParty/VNL/src/vxl/config/cmake/config/
CMakeLists.txt:122
(MESSAGE):
  Neither the __isnand nor the __inline_isnand functions are available !

(2) I ran into another  issue with the test for BigEndian

-- Searching 16 bit integer
-- Check size of unsigned short
-- Check size of unsigned short - failed
-- Check size of unsigned int
-- Check size of unsigned int - failed
-- Check size of unsigned long
-- Check size of unsigned long - failed

CMake Error at
/Applications/CMake 2.8-9.app/Contents/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/
TestBigEndian.cmake:44
(MESSAGE):
  no suitable type found
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  Modules/ThirdParty/VNL/src/vxl/config/cmake/config/
CMakeLists.txt:285 (TEST_BIG_ENDIAN)

Would appreciate any pointers you might have.

TIA,

--
Vijay Bhandari