[Insight-users] bioformats and ITK

Kishore Mosaliganti kishoreraom at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 08:53:58 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I am trying to use bioformats and itk. I downloaded and compiled
bf-itk-pipe using cmake by linking against ITK 3.2:

https://github.com/openmicroscopy/bioformats/tree/develop/components/native/bf-itk-pipe

I tested out itkBFImageInfo and ./itkRGBBioFormatsImageIOTest on a few
simple LSM images. It works great and writes out all the associated
metadata and pixel data for the first timepoint.

My LSM microscopy image is 5D. It is X-Y-Z-Channel-Time. I am interested in
extracting individual timepoints from the LSM file for processing. The
filter seems to be using itkStreamingImageFilter. I set the NumberOfStreams
to 10 but that still seems to still write out only the first image.

How do I set the output requestion region for an individual timepoint?

Thank you,

Kishore