[Insight-users] itk4 and xcode 4 problem , any help

Ho Cheung hocheung20 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 11:58:19 EDT 2012

Hi alaamegawer,

I'm a bit confused by your email, at the beginning you mention you are trying to build for Mac OS X Lion, but then in the second paragraph you mention something ITK on iOS. I have no experience with iOS but I will assume you are trying to build for Lion..

Our project, Farsight, builds and links to ITK4.2 with llvm-gcc 4.2 successfully so what you are doing should be possible.

In ITKSetStandardCompilerFlags.cmake, the possible warning flags are checked against the compiler and then only the ones the compiler supports are actually passed onto the compiler during the build steps. If you do a man gcc

"man gcc" shows that Wlong-double is not a supported compiler option .-Wno-long-double should not even be passed to the compiler so I think something is wrong with your ITK configure step. Perhaps you should try to delete everything and start from scratch

Regards,

Ho Cheung
Research Assistant
Bio-Image Analytics Laboratory - University of Houston
(832) 215-6347