[Insight-users] Fwd: Building FLTK for Visual Studio 2010

Zein Salah zeinsalah at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 04:21:38 EDT 2012

Hi Bill,

With Superbuild, I felt that itk, vtk, and fltk became part of ITKApps :).
Unfortunately, My own programs did not work using the superbuild
builds. Of course I modified the paths and link libraries in my
Cmakelist.txt file. In essence, it gives an error about a class
that inherits from GLSliceView (from /Auxiliary/fltkimageviewer).

So returning to the old fashioned build :) :

I always assumed that when using corresponding release of ITK and ITKApps,
e.g., itk4.2.0 and ITKApps4.2.0, everything will build properly.

Why I came to the discussion about superbuilt is that I tried to update
my working environement of kitware toolkits with latest stable releases.
So with Cmake 2.8.9 and Visual studio 2010, under Windows 7,
I tried building (however, for 32 bits on a 64bit windows),

 itk 4.2.0  ==> built sucessfully
vkt 5.10.0  ==> built sucessfully
fltk 1.1.7   ==> built sucessfully
itkApps 4.2.0   ==> Cmake did not manage to create VS solutions, claiming not
to find fltkfluid...

Best,
Zein