[Insight-users] metricsv4

brian avants stnava at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 06:46:00 EDT 2012

Hi there

The v4 metrics extend the capabilities of v3 through efficient memory use
and multithreading for both sparse and dense transformations, eg affine and
deformation fields.  They also allow transformations to be applied to both
fixed and moving images.

You will find some relevant examples in the tests directory.

On Sep 4, 2012 7:25 AM, "Alex Taylor" <Alex.Taylor at mathworks.com> wrote:

> I noticed that the Modules directory for ITK 4.2 contains a Metricsv4
> subdirectory under the Registration module. From a bit of poking around,
it
> looks like the intention of these metrics is threaded, faster versions of
> the original metrics by the same name. Since you've added a "v4" suffix to
> the original object names as an opt-in interface, I was curious what the
> expectation is in terms of compatibility with the original metrics. I'm
> particularly interested in how the behavior/numerics of:
>
> itkMattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetricv4
>
> And
>
> itkMeanSquaresImageToImageMetricv4
>
> Compare to the v3 versions of the same objects? Are these just threaded
functions with the exact same behavior as far as numerics, or are there
other functional differences in the metrics to be aware of?